Resistance bands are a lifesaver when you can’t get to the gym for an equipment-based workout. Use them at home, on vacation, or for a calorie-burning quickie wherever you are! The great thing about resistance bands is they come in all different lengths and sizes. What’s more, they can offer less resistance for lighter workouts or heavy-duty strength for full-on sweat sessions. Here are four dynamic upper body training workouts that use resistance bands.
4 Awesome Upper Body Training Exercises With Resistance Bands
1) Bicep Curl- Standing
- Place the middle of the band beneath your feet and stand with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Start with each arm down by your legs.
- Grasp a handle in each hand and bring your hands up towards your shoulders, making sure to contract the muscle fully.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Perform 12 to 15 reps.
Depending on the level of resistance of your bands, this exercise can be just as taxing as pumping real iron!
You May Also Like: Best Butt Exercises to Help Tone and Shape Your Booty
- Get down on the floor in plank position.
- Wind the resistance band around your upper back.
- Use your thumbs to hold the ends of the band in place.
- Do the traditional push-up: with your hands holding you up, contract the core muscles, and raise your body until your arms are fully extended.
- Lower yourself back down until your chest is touching the floor.
- Repeat for 10 to 20 reps.
3) Chest Press- Standing
- Use something solid and sturdy like a pillar to secure the bands at chest level.
- Grasp a handle in each hand with your body inside the legs of the “U” formed by the band (the middle of the band should be behind you).
- Move forward one step to reduce the slack in the band.
- Turn your palms down, elbows up. Clench your chest muscles as you fully extend your arms out in front of you.
- Return to start and repeat 12 to 15 times.
4) Triceps Kickback
Tighten your triceps on the go!
- With one leg in front holding down the middle of the band, stand in a forward lunge stance.
- With a handle in each hand, start with your arms at your sides with your palms turned inward.
- Maintaining a tucked elbow position raise your forearms so that they are parallel to the floor.
- Push the band behind your body to full extension.
- Gradually lower them and complete 12 to 15 reps.
Go ahead and cycle through this circuit three times for a complete workout. Give these resistance band upper body training exercises a trial run when you’re short on space or equipment.
Make sure to tell us about other upper body training moves in the comments section!