Everyone loves desserts, and even more, everyone loves convenience. That’s why I’m giving you the best of both worlds with some of my favorite microwaveable healthy sweet treats recipes. I have always been a sucker for dessert, but with more and more research pointing towards refined sugars as the culprit for weight gain and many health conditions, I’ve decided to stay away from it as much as possible and make more healthy choices. That’s where these delicious bites come into play. I found these easy mug dessert recipes that I know you’ll love!
1 Mug+ 1 Microwave = 3 Healthy Sweet Treats
1) Easy Blueberry Mug Muffin
1 Tbsp coconut flour
1 Tbsp almond flour
2 Tbsp Stevia (or any sweetener of choice) (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 large egg (can sub for 1 large egg white or 1 flax egg)
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Almond Milk(or any milk of choice)
2-3 Tbsp frozen blueberries
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the flours, sweetener, cinnamon 2. and baking powder and mix well.
3. Add in your egg, coconut oil, almond milk, and mix together. Add the blueberries and leave a few at the top.
4. Microwave for 50 seconds (or up to 2 minutes, depending on your microwave) and enjoy!
*Recipe by The Big Man’s World
You May Also Like: 3 Low-Calorie Cocktails That Don’t Suck
2) Peanut Butter & Banana Mug Cake
1/2 medium banana, mashed
1 tablespoon peanut butter(or any other nut butter)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ½ tablespoons (30g/1oz) oat flour*
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
*Recipe by Gemma’s Bigger Boulder Baking
3) Healthy Pancake In A Mug
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons coconut flour2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt1 tablespoon milk
Syrup or fruit for serving.
1. Melt butter in a mug in the microwave.
2. Mix the melted butter around to coat the inside of the mug.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir whisk until smooth.
4. Microwave 1 to 1½ minutes.
5. Serve with syrup, fruit, and/or more butter if desired.
*Recipe by From Calculus to Cupcakes.
I hope you will love these easy and healthy sweet treats in a mug as much as I do! You can play around with the ingredients and even add various toppings of your choice, Enjoy!