Smoothies are seriously groovy. Why?
A smoothie is what happens when you take a bunch of super-healthy and much-needed fruits and veggies, blend them into a delicious potion, and then go bottoms up into total health and invigoration. Consider them the ultimate life hack for getting all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients you need to support a healthy body.
And in case you needed any more reasons to fall in love smoothies, keep in mind that most health experts will tell you that a smoothie is way better than juicing, because you’re still getting all that nutritious fiber and roughage (plant gook) in addition to a super-charged dose of micronutrients.
Plus, no matter what your nutritional needs and health goals are, there’s definitely the perfect smoothie recipe out there that will help you thrive.
Need some inspiration?
Check out these 3 swoon-worthy recipes:
For Bulk Season: Cherry Chocolate Pump
If you’re trying to pack on some muscle, you need to pack in some high-quality carbs and protein into your smoothies. This recipe is loaded:
– 1/2 cup of frozen cherries
– 1 cup of spinach leaves (packed)
– 1 cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk
– 2 scoops of chocolate whey protein
Mix in a blender until smooth. Delight in the muscle-building magnesium and potassium. Drink while flexing your biceps in the mirror (go ahead: we won’t tell).
You May Also Like: Get Ready for a Full Day with These Protein Breakfast Options
For Flu Season: Kefir & Blueberry Boost
Fortify your body with this smoothie drink that offers a serious immune-defending dose of probiotics and antioxidants:
– 3/4 cups of plain kefir (a fermented and cultured drinkable yogurt-like product)
– 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
Don’t let its simplicity fool you! Blend until smooth and top with some fresh blueberries, ground cinnamon, or a sprinkling of unsweetened coconut flakes.
For Swimsuit Season: The Green & Lean
Green smoothies shouldn’t taste like grass. This low-carb libation will fill you up, not out:
– 2 cups of spinach leaves (packed)
– 1 cucumber, roughly chopped– 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
– 1/2 cup of frozen pineapples (or, if fresh, add some ice cubes, too)
– 1/2 cup of avocado
– 2 cups water (or coconut or almond milk for a more creamy smoothie)
– 2 limes, juiced
– 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
– 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (or opt for water)
Blend on high until smooth, and sip while you slip into that sexy bathing suit. Option add-ins: 1 tablespoon of matcha (green tea) powder, coconut oil, or collagen powder.
Go ahead, give one of these recipes a try, or create your own. Just be sure to share the recipe in the comments below!